Our annual event to welcome alumni who've recently moved to Boston into the YaleBoston community. And like everything else this year, it's bigger and better in honor of our sesquicentennial!
For the second year in a row, we're having our welcome party at State Park, a Kendall Square bar owned by Yalie John Kessen PC'87. The space we're getting is enormous, and we'll be providing (a prodigious quantity of) appetizers for you to enjoy. It's also free to attend, with a cash bar! Jointly sponsored by YaleBoston, the YaleBoston Young Alumni Committee, and the Association of Yale Alumni.
You can come to meet Yalies of every vintage, welcome our newest arrivals to Boston, or meet the community for the first time. You can also come to learn about the world of Yale alumni in Boston, which is enjoying one of its most exciting periods ever. For instance:
- This January, we celebrated our hundred and fiftieth anniversary with our largest gathering in decades, held at the same institution where we were founded, and on our actual birthday. The event was commemorated with the publication of our first-ever club history (copies of which will be available at the welcome event).
- This September, we hosted our first-ever multi-day alumni trip, a guided tour of Boston-area sites relating to the Revolutionary War. It's a ground-up view of the Revolution, with a focus on archaeology and social history; the alumni on the trip are also getting access to artifact collections that aren't available to the general public. We expect to organize more tours like this in future years.
- We recently rolled out an interactive online directory of Boston-area Yale alumni. If you aren't listed but would like to join, please email us at email@example.com.
- Yale alumni in Boston are eligible for a range of benefits, including JSTOR access and discounted memberships at the Algonquin Club. A list of current benefits can be found at the bottom of our main page, and we have a few more in the works that you'll hear about soon!
- YaleBoston's application for 501(c)(3) status was approved this year. That's an important step as our community grows and our offerings proliferate, and it also means any donations you might care to make to YaleBoston are now tax-deductible.
- Not enough for you? OK, did we mention that the 133rd Yale-Harvard Football Game will be happening right here in Cambridge this year? Because it is - and YaleBoston is your one-stop shop for all Game-related events and information.
One Kendall Square
Building 300, Lower Level
Cambridge, MA 02139
Google map and directions