YaleBoston is the primary organization connecting Yale alumni in eastern Massachusetts. At ten thousand strong, ours is the second-largest community of Yale alumni in the world.
Founded in 1866 as the Yale Alumni Association of Boston and its Vicinity, YaleBoston is also the second-oldest of the regional Yale clubs, edging out Chicago and outpacing the Yale Club of New York City by thirty-one years.
Today, we serve the area's Yale community in a host of ways. We introduce the newly-in-Boston to their fellow alumni and the newly-admitted to full-fledged Elis; we sponsor lectures, happy hours, and community service events throughout the year; and we carry the Yale torch for major events like Feb Club, the Yale Day of Service, and - of course - The Game.
In all, we strive to be worthy of the words delivered to the club by President Taft: "After the desire to merit the honor of one's family, there is no impulse so restraining and so impelling in the right direction as the desire to stand well first with the classmates you knew at Yale and, second, with Yale alumni."
Did you know? All Yale alumni in Boston enjoy these exciting benefits:
- The Algonquin Club of Boston offers a special Alumni Affiliate Dining Membership for graduates of Yale, Princeton, Brown, and other schools without landed alumni associations in the area.
- Yale alumni may become regular members at the Harvard Club of Boston, along with graduates of Harvard, MIT, and the Fletcher School.
- All Yale alumni have free access to JSTOR and the HeinOnline Law Journal Library.
- All alumni are eligible for AYA YaleMail email services through the AYA.
- YaleBoston's digital newsletter provides regular updates about our events and the activities of Boston-based shared-interest groups. (Planning an event of your own? Let us know! We may be able to help, and we can certainly add it to our newsletter if we think it will be of interest.)
- All alumni are welcome to become sustaining members of YaleBoston and receive discounted admission to our events. Our sustaining members are the reason we can continue to produce top-quality programming for the entire Yale community in Boston.